logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kramer.j  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:17:23 AM(UTC)
kramer.j

Hi,

first of all, hats of for ViaCAD. A great CAD program for the price.
But... I've been using CoCreate modeling professionally for 12 years, and there are some tricks in it that I tend to miss in ViaCAD (but hey, for 1 CoCreate license you can buy 30 ViaCAD Pro's!) .
Anyway, here's the wishlist:
- enhanced "Duplicate Part as Instance", so that it doesn't matter if you make a change to the original or to one of it's copies; in both cases, all instances should change when modifying one of them. It's great for keeping all your screws the same, for example.
- a kind of structure browser that allows you to build assembly structures. Most CAD systems have this kind of browser.
- an un-bend function so that e.g. sheet metal parts can be unfolded (I know, more people asked for this). I would be even happier if it would be possible to enter a K-factor / Bend Allowance :-)
- CoCreate has a function called "Configurations" that allow you to store multiple positions for the parts in an assembly. So, if you model a gripper that's closed by default, you can activate a new Configuration called "Open", then position the sub-parts of your assembly so that the gripper is opened, and save this Configuration. When you de-activate the Configuration, all parts jump back to their default (closed) position. Activate the Configuration, and the gripper opens again. By creating multiple configurations, you can quickly create a kind of animation. Saves a lot of time when developing mechanisms, for example.
- ViaCAD becomes quite slow when working on large assemblies... any improvement on that would be welcome.

Best regards, Jaap