logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gruenix  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 4:41:57 AM(UTC)
gruenix

I find myself using layers quite a lot. It makes selecting things easier and helps me to keep various versions or ideas on-off-able.

For me it would be great to be able to drag layers up and down in the layers list rather than moving them one level at the time by doing a right click - find the move up (or down) - click for 10 times.

At the very lest allow a shortcut for the “move up“ and “move down“ steps, so I can hit that 10 times quickly... (page up down would be ideal and aren't permitted as a shortcut right now... )

Also it would be nice to drag and drop sublayers into other layers or "up" to become a full layer (an vice versa) instead of having to recreate layers and cut paste their contents.

thanks jo
ViaCAD Pro beta (PowerPack) build 1145 (ViaCAD Pro 9 build 1109) - MacBookPro 17" 10.9.5 - Thunderbolt display
#2 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 10:22:59 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
hi, drag and drop layers to re-order should be possible with shift key and dragging, but only in the same level
thanks 1 user thanked Guest for this useful post.
gruenix on 11/17/2014(UTC)
gruenix  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 10:41:29 AM(UTC)
gruenix

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
hi, drag and drop layers to re-order should be possible with shift key and dragging, but only in the same level

thanks guest !

I thought I tried all of those... so sorry for the post and thanks for pointing that one out to me.
There is no real visual indication of the dragging happening (beyond the layer being selected), so I'm dragging blind and then the layer indeed hops to the place where I release it.

Jo
ViaCAD Pro beta (PowerPack) build 1145 (ViaCAD Pro 9 build 1109) - MacBookPro 17" 10.9.5 - Thunderbolt display