logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jimbl  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 3:54:41 PM(UTC)
Jimbl

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Tim Is Shark LT 9 going to have the dimension glitches fixed or am i missing something? The feet and inches on windows vista machine i run measures in feet and inches but the windows 8.1 rounds the measurement down to the nearest foot i.e
23" shows a dimension of 1'

Thanks Jim
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 6:07:17 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi Jim

The units you have on the dimension might not be set to feet/inches but set to feet. There are two things to look at in the preferences you set the overall units to decimal, feet, feet/inches, but each dimension can be set as well. The dimension have their own setting shown in the attached picture.

Regards

Jason

Edited by user Friday, February 6, 2015 6:08:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jdi000 attached the following image(s):
dimensions shark lt.PNG (88kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10
Jimbl  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 11:39:51 PM(UTC)
Jimbl

Hi Jason in preferences i set it to feet and inches and in the inspector i set it to for preferences. I have tried setting it to feet and inches in the inspector but it always rounds down to the foot. If i set in feet only it gives me feet and a decimal of a foot. Like i said in my original post my computer at work with the same shark lt has feet and inches working fine, the difference is its operating system is windows xp. Maybe next time i am at work i will write down all the settings and duplicate on this computer and see what happens. But i think i might have already done that.

Thanks Jim
jdi000  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 11:42:14 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jimbl Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jason in preferences i set it to feet and inches and in the inspector i set it to for preferences. I have tried setting it to feet and inches in the inspector but it always rounds down to the foot. If i set in feet only it gives me feet and a decimal of a foot.
Thanks Jim

Jim

Could it be the default settings in the inspector are set to use preferences, but the individual dimension is set to something else? If no geometry is selected when you change settings in the inspector it sets the default behavior. If you only select one or more objects it only changes their settings.

Regards

Jason

Windows 11, 10
Jimbl  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 12:20:54 PM(UTC)
Jimbl

Hi Jason If it measures feet only when i check in inspector it is set to feet and inches. One thing i just noticed i have units set to feet and inches and i draw a line and i add the value 2.5' in the coordinates box, i hit enter the value goes back to 2'. I measure it using feet and inches, it measures 2'. I measure it using inches and it measures 30". Another strange thing, units set to feet and inches i draw a line watching the line length value, everything shows inches up until the 1' mark after 1' it shows fractions of an inch until i reach 1'1" then the value in the length box changes back to 1' stays that way until the line reaches 2' long.

Thanks Jim