logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steve.M  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2009 5:45:50 PM(UTC)
Steve.M

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all,

I wanted to make something very clear:

I know I post a lot of bug reports and complain etc. This is not intended as some form of attack on Tim/Punch. It is just that such a CAD system as VC/Shark if it worked as it should do would kick arse. I want this product to do that, so I will continue and post in the manner I do until problems are resolved, or I am banned, or get too annoyed with lack of bug fixes.

Regards to all.

Comments or moans at me welcome :)

- Steve
jol  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2009 3:50:48 AM(UTC)
jol

Amen !

The tools need auditing thoroughly and independently of development for utility, consistency, presentation. Management must invest in this.

The current method I fear is mostly good enough to dowse the flames as they are found - but not to create the system that as Steve says should kick butt !
ttrw  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:43:36 PM(UTC)
ttrw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes- I too confess to getting a tad 'enthusiastic' now and then, but only because I too am passionate about this software.

That pesky shark is so near, yet so far! Perhaps that is a good thing on a desert island, but not here! :mad:

Come on Punch! Live up to your name!! :eek: ;)
Steve.M  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:18:17 PM(UTC)
Steve.M

Originally Posted by: ttrw Go to Quoted Post
That pesky shark is so near,...........

There is quite a way to go.

When I purchased 2d/3d it was build 788, we are now coming up to build 835, so we are looking at 47 builds with many bug fixes, however:- On the flip side it shows just how buggy the software was when I purchased, and the fact that the main bugs that cause me concern, such as the problems with the closed splines, problems with surface matching, problems with 2 rail sweep, and others is as much frustrating as irritating. I know I use the app just for modeling, so there are probably other issues that I will not see in my use.

I, and I would think others, need to see these problems with construction sorted sooner rather than later. When Tim put forward about the surface match problems
Quote:
but I understand what's going wrong and need to set aside a couple of days to fix. It's definitely got my attention.

I did not expect to still be waiting for a fix almost 10 months later. The other problems such as with the closed splines and 2 rail sweep, well, not even an answer from Tim to the reports.

It is not a good situation.
Steve.M  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:04:14 PM(UTC)
Steve.M

edit.

I will wait a couple of months.