logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Art  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 7:38:59 AM(UTC)
Art

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Perhaps in addition to the sweep we could have a way to make construction lines that snap to the standard alignment angles? Perhaps sweep with "command option" and have the line pivot from the origin?

Art

Macintel shark fx
Tim Olson  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 10:25:29 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
Art wrote:
Perhaps in addition to the sweep we could have a way to make construction lines that snap to the standard alignment angles? Perhaps sweep with "command option" and have the line pivot from the origin?

Art

Macintel shark fx

Art,

Do you mean temporarily add in more snap alignment angles while in the construction line tool?

Currently the default alignment angles are +-0,90 and creation angle is +-45.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Art  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:52:04 PM(UTC)
Art

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
That would be great, some way to easily make construction lines snapping to every 15 or so.

While we are on this topic, I would like construction lines to extend to infinity. I frequently zoom in to find just the right point for a construction line and then have to sweep it again and again as I move out to a normal view. Is this something that bugs other users?

Art

Macintel Shark FX
ttrw  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:27:28 PM(UTC)
ttrw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In SW's, construction lines are created by arbitrarily drawing a construction line, then using smart dimension to input the angle that the construction line is at an angle too (if you get what I mean?). So instead of having a snap, you can just for example enter 28 or 36 or 23.7 etc etc.

Snapping in Macdraft on the other hand, uses a series of predetermined angles of which are similar to what has been suggested here. QCad, I draw a line, and then add a line at a predetermined length, and at a predetermined angle to that line.

I don't really know what is better? (I suppose it's a matter of experience, something I could definitely get more of!). However I do like the suggestion of a construction line that goes off to infinity, because I too am always having to lengthen these lines too. I suppose there could be a way of shortening the length of the line later, by using the scissors tool or something? Incidentally, if you take a line off a construction line in SW's you get a proper line, rather than another construction line.