logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Craig  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 10:11:40 AM(UTC)
Craig

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 36 post(s)
If you name an object and then move or scale it the name changes.
macnavi  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:51:13 AM(UTC)
macnavi

Netherlands

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
It did in the original release of ViaCad v9, but that has been fixed. Don't know in which build, but I think it is already in the latest available update (1166?). Click on Help->Current version.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:51:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My model steam trams at Tramfabriek.nl

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.12.5 - VC Pro v12
Craig  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:06:31 AM(UTC)
Craig

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 36 post(s)
No it has not been fixed, I am on 1163 and 1182 of V9 and the problem still exists.

Start a new file, insert a cube, rename that cube to cube or whatever, then rotate that cube and click off it, select it again and you will see that it is now called rotate at the top of the drawing area.
It may be called cube in the concept explorer but when you use the interference function it will be called rotate-768 or something like that.
The problem is that if you have 20 parts and 5 of them are interfering, many may have the same types of names because they have been extruded or rotated.

Sure we can work it out but it would be a lot easier if the object retained its name, V7 retains the name no matter what is done to the object.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:07:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

macnavi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:41:29 AM(UTC)
macnavi

Netherlands

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
You are correct, I see that as well now. I was looking at the Features tab in the Concept explorer. The part will receive the name of the last action performed on it.

If I change the name of the part in the Concept explorer, it will keep that name I gave it there, but as you said, on the top in the menu bar it will not have its custom name.

If you click on the name in the contextual menu, you can change the name of the last action. I wonder if this might be on purpose, as this way you can actually re-name the action you performed on it, to find it back later on. In the explorer it just keeps it given name.

It's only complicated if you have several parts overlapping and you have to select the part you need out of a list. I do prefer the renaming also having an effect there.
My model steam trams at Tramfabriek.nl

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.12.5 - VC Pro v12