logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ttrw  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:06:13 PM(UTC)
ttrw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: blowlamp Go to Quoted Post
I'd be interested to hear how running ViaCad on a Mac, differs from running ViaCad on a PC - in fact how any application differs.

Martin, I think you are missing my point. Mac's don't necessarily run faster than PC. It's all about workflow, which is much faster on Macs.

Many software titles have translated over to PC from Mac, using the exact same Mac interface. Both Photoshop and Shark FX/ ViaCAD are prime examples- ie if you like how these applications work, well on OS X all applications work this way.

You also have Services in the Apple menu, that works by using little bits of code from other apps, which allows you to achieve actions far more efficiently, than you would if you had to say, cut and paste. There is also Expose and Spaces which enable you to manipulate the desktop, again radically speeding things up. There's a lot more- just too much to go on about right now (I'm knackered from work). I suppose the only downside of all this effiency is that it allows a lot more time for surfing on the internet and wasting more time on there! :cool: :D
Steve.M  
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:00:24 PM(UTC)
Steve.M

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

Originally Posted by: ZeroLengthCurve Go to Quoted Post
Anybody beside me wondering when ViaCAD will be "deprecated" officially?
No, well not me.
The 2d/3d was a no-brainer (meaning I did not need to think much to purchase). Having access to the 3d functions is excellent as a companion to other progs I use.

Is anybody simultaneously running VC6 and Shark LT/etc and still finds they need VC6? Or that there is something in VC6 they like?
The pro version should now be updated to version 6 (in line with 2d/3d), if not then they need to change the top "viacad pro 6" logo

does anyone have a "you won't look back once you go Shark (*)" comment?

Thanks!
There are some advanced surface tools in shark, but they are very specific in use. It would be hard for me to move from Rhino to shark for surface creation, but saying that, it may just be my lack of knowledge with Shark and I am missing the know-how of correct surface construction in shark?

- Steve
jol  
#43 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:20:38 PM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
>> it may just be my lack of knowledge with Shark and I am missing the know-how of correct surface construction in shark?

Nope - I think you're right - there are some relatively minor, but critical elements still missing that make network patch surfacing very difficult.

I think this could be fixed promptly, given the determination to do so