logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
creativecad  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:44:54 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 40 post(s)
1. Okay, so maybe I'm dreaming a bit here, but we've got to think big sometimes, and my brain won't quit with these ideas.. What if you could perform multiple 3d operations on multiple 3d objects at 1 time.

Example:
The solid trim tool...Select several lines, faces, or curves to trim the solids by. Then click on all the solids you want to trim, and they all trim.

Instead of select 1 trim object boundary then select the object to trim, select the 2nd trim object boundary then the 2nd object to trim, etc.

The hole tool...select multiple faces on multiple solids to put holes in. Then click all of the locations to put the holes. Boom..Done.

The match face tool...again select multiple faces on multiple solids to match to. Then select each face to match, and your done.

The list could go on I'm sure with other 3d operations.

Multiple faces could be selected simply by dragging a window box across them.

2. Ok, another suggestion.

What if you could drag a window across several items to dimension to. Select a tool that drags a set of running dimensions off of the selected items. The dimensions could be Baseline dimensions, or chain dimensions. These dimensions would automatically dimension to hole centers and endpoints. Maybe some options to say ...dimension to the center or edges of holes.

I have already requested for running baseline dimensions along a slope, but it would be great to have running baseline dimensions along curves as well. This multiple dimension tool could be applied to these as well.

I know 1 CAD program that is already trying this idea out.

3. Layers and print sheets. if you could select multiple layers and/or print sheets by either dragging a window across them, or using the shift key, selecting the top layer then select the last layer. All of the layers in between are selected. Then you can show these layers, delete them, print them, change their properties, move them, etc. all at once.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
thanks 1 user thanked creativecad for this useful post.
GARLIC on 1/8/2020(UTC)