logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
callymolton  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:51:23 PM(UTC)
callymolton

I recently downloaded Viacad 2D 12v to my windows 10 laptop. I have the same software on my desktop computer and have not had a single issue with it, but have a very frustrating issue on my laptop. Whenever I draw in the software, everything is fine, no buffering or issues. But as soon as I import a drawing to modify it, the software buffers badly when trying to zoom in or move a part of the drawing, making it nearly impossible to get things done in a timely matter. I have the 64-bit and 32-bit processor on my laptop so I feel that is not the issue here. Any advice is helpful!

Thanks all!
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 4:54:43 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: callymolton Go to Quoted Post
I recently downloaded Viacad 2D 12v to my windows 10 laptop. I have the same software on my desktop computer and have not had a single issue with it, but have a very frustrating issue on my laptop. Whenever I draw in the software, everything is fine, no buffering or issues. But as soon as I import a drawing to modify it, the software buffers badly when trying to zoom in or move a part of the drawing, making it nearly impossible to get things done in a timely matter. I have the 64-bit and 32-bit processor on my laptop so I feel that is not the issue here. Any advice is helpful!

Thanks all!

This sounds like maybe a video display issue. Is the laptop video driver up to date. Is it a laptop that alternates between on board graphics and a video card ?

Regards
Jason
Windows 11, 10