logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thefro  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2022 4:06:54 AM(UTC)
thefro

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The Ability to group layers to turn on and off the ability to store these in the concept explorer. so you can turn on different groups for display.

I'm not sure if you can do this any other way?
thanks 1 user thanked thefro for this useful post.
MPSchmied on 1/15/2022(UTC)
rockyroad_us  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 6:29:56 AM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
You will need to do sublayers so when you hit blank layer all sublayers will darken or turn off.
FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
thefro  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 2:37:38 PM(UTC)
thefro

Man
United Kingdom

I was thinking of making a selection of layers then storing them giving them a name, so you could create many such selections and naming them so you could go back later and display those groups by selecting the name of the group you had created. like you can show or hide all but controlling groups of layers. I hope this makes sense now

Brian
thanks 1 user thanked thefro for this useful post.
MPSchmied on 1/15/2022(UTC)
rockyroad_us  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 10:25:14 AM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Sounds like sublayers to me. The layer is equivalent to the group and those groups will have sublayers, which is basically just layers, or children, under the parent.
FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
thefro  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 2:41:26 AM(UTC)
thefro

Man
United Kingdom

I was thinking or turning on layers and som things in sub layers and being able to set that and store them save them so later you can select those switching them on saving you time going in and turning them on in another session. if I haven't put this over I give up
rockyroad_us  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 1:24:06 PM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: thefro Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking or turning on layers and somethings in sub layers and being able to set that and store them save them so later you can select those switching them on saving you time going in and turning them on in another session. if I haven't put this over I give up

Unfortunately, there's no way to move sublayers between layers (groups). You would have to duplicate the sublayer which becomes a layer which you can then flatten and change all the components flattened to any layer or sublayer. Alternatively, you can select all objects in that layer or sublayer and move them to another layer or sublayer. Theres a command to select all objects in that layer but I think they have to be all visible.

You need to establishh your group and its children first so that you can just toggle to show all under the parent thus switching them on. Moving components around is just another way which takes time.

Edited by user Thursday, January 20, 2022 10:07:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
thefro  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 4:19:25 PM(UTC)
thefro

Man
United Kingdom

all im asking for is the ability to show a layer and perhaps some sub layers turn on the little eye so it displays storing that like a snapshot of things turned on stop that then set up another view showing other layers switched on and maybe do others so layer you can show one of the groups you have recorded. I think in not getting my thoughts over