logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
starmbi  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 2:23:20 PM(UTC)
starmbi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I work with Viacad 9 pro.

If I create 2 primitives and select both, I can rotate them with the gripper tool as often as I want.

But if I first group them and rotate them afterwards, after 2 rotations in different axes, ghost outlines of the primitives appear: A circle with a sphere or a triangle with a cone.

Only grouped primitives with roundings are affected: Sphere, ,cone, cylinder and torus.
Block, prism and pyramid are not affected.
Surprisingly elipsoid is also not affected.

Regards
Stefan

starmbi attached the following image(s):
ghost.PNG (30kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
starmbi  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 1:39:01 PM(UTC)
starmbi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I have been very patient, but my problem still exists.
Without a functioning community or good customer support, such programs don't have any chance on the market.
In the past this program was still reasonably priced, but that is no longer true. If you look at the problems of other users, they also have issues with the display. Apparently, the program often does not work with modern graphics cards.

Regards
Stefan
thanks 2 users thanked starmbi for this useful post.
L. Banasky on 5/31/2022(UTC), GARLIC on 6/1/2022(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 11:56:16 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
You have been patient, I wouldn't have been!. Unfortunately they don't care. I have given up and moved on to another piece of software. I have put in an official complaint and requested a refund. They can't even do that properly. 2 and a bit months the returns process has been going on for. It's still not resolved and it's quite frankly poor.

As for your ghosting issue I'm not sure. I tend to stay away from grouping as much as possible because of the issues it causes. The gripper in V12 tends to go all wonky after anything so you need to be really careful about stuff. I've tried grouping things and producing drawings and that doesn't work, so I just make sure one part is in the right place, then move items to it using the move translate and rotate features.
thanks 3 users thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
GARLIC on 6/1/2022(UTC), starmbi on 6/1/2022(UTC), MaiFy on 6/1/2022(UTC)