logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Welshter  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2008 2:45:27 PM(UTC)
Welshter

I make pneumatic schematics using ANSI or ISO symbols. What I am finding is that after I make a drawing, save it then reopen it some of the symbols are missing. I discovered this when I emailed a drawing to a machine builder and he couldn't understand the drawing. After some conversation we discovered that some of the symbols disappeared. I have saved them in pdf format and get the same results. Is this a bug in the program or am I doing something wrong? I am including two files one with vc3 format and one in pdf format.
Thank you.
File Attachment(s):
GM-Air Motor Conveyor rv1.vc3 (573kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
GM-Air Motor Conveyor rv1.pdf (49kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2008 7:13:11 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
Welshter wrote:
I make pneumatic schematics using ANSI or ISO symbols. What I am finding is that after I make a drawing, save it then reopen it some of the symbols are missing. I discovered this when I emailed a drawing to a machine builder and he couldn't understand the drawing. After some conversation we discovered that some of the symbols disappeared. I have saved them in pdf format and get the same results. Is this a bug in the program or am I doing something wrong? I am including two files one with vc3 format and one in pdf format.
Thank you.

I looked at the vc3 and pdf file and see the missing symbols. Is this repeatable for you? Can you provide me with steps to repeat?

Regards

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Welshter  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 1:09:56 PM(UTC)
Welshter

Hi Tim,

Thanks for responding. I had to use the program as soon as I bought it so I didn't have time to get familiar with it, particularly how to set up a symbol library. I created a new drawing and made drawings of the pneumatic symbols that I use, then saved the drawing. I copy and paste them from that original drawing to the current drawing I am developing. Sometimes I have to move the symbols to place them in a logical sequence so I group some of the symbols so that I can keep all the data associated with a symbol together. I know that both symbols in a group disappear and individual symbols disappear. I hope I am answering your question. I am going to develop a new drawing this afternoon I will pay attention to the steps I take and see what the final drawing looks like after I save, quit, and reopen it.
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 4:50:51 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Ok thanks for the clues. I'll try copying and pasting between files and within a drawing. I'd love to track this one down and fix for the release.

Thanks,

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Welshter  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2008 6:58:29 PM(UTC)
Welshter

Tim,

Here is the symbol file I copy from. I am using a MAC Powerbook G4 with OS X - 10.5.2. I will eventually build a symbol library. Thank you!
File Attachment(s):
Symbol Start.vc3 (571kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:49:29 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Welshter wrote:
Tim,

Here is the symbol file I copy from. I am using a MAC Powerbook G4 with OS X - 10.5.2. I will eventually build a symbol library. Thank you!

Received.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore