logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
memphisjed  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:11:16 PM(UTC)
memphisjed

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I know vcp v8 is going grow up to 64 bit v9 in the coming year, but the cyper Monday sale is awesome. If you need to add to office seats or have someone who you want to torture with the learning curve of cad this is good deal.
zumer  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:52:28 PM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I took advantage of a VC Pro V8 deal recently, to put it onto the 8" Windows tab I'm sending this from. VCP's a good deal anytime, but at these prices, unmatched. I don't know of anything else that'll do surface Booleans within three times the price, or anything else that interops like PunchCAD does between VC and Shark versions. Having history available to distributed users makes the model file formats more useful than IGES and STEP for internal office reference.
blowlamp  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 3:23:16 AM(UTC)
blowlamp

memphisjed.

I'm pretty sure that Tim has said that the ViaCAD range will remain only as 32 bit applications, whilst Shark goes up to 64 bit.

zumer.

Right now I'm using ViaCAD Pro v8 along with MoI and enjoy the benefits of both of these great programs, so I agree with everything you say about ViaCAD pro except the bit about surface Booleans, as MoI ($295) is extremely strong in this area too.

Martin.
zumer  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 5:38:26 AM(UTC)
zumer

No history, though, innit?
blowlamp  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 4:47:04 PM(UTC)
blowlamp

The history isn't as deep as in ViaCAD, but there is some. Surfaces are updated via their defining curves if they're altered, provided the surface hasn't been modified in between times by being trimmed or added to -- innit :D

Martin.
memphisjed  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:59:09 AM(UTC)
memphisjed

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
how is vcp on the touchscreen!? I am in no hurry for shark 64 bit - a) poor house, b) I would rather wait and have awesome than hurry and have almost. But yes, I will get shark 64 when I am rich again. 64 bit and solidworks in/out are the 2 reasons.
zumer  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:52:26 AM(UTC)
zumer

Martin: ah, so. As in associative. Sorry about that. My daughter would call "Dad joke!" so she'll never see this.

Jed, it's better for touch than other apps that I use, because of the way the toolbars tear off, which makes it easier to isolate and punch the right button on a small screen while being able to keep the clutter down. For swinging models about, Shark's Navigator works well if the tab's got an active stylus/digitiser, but for VC/VCP which doesn't have the Navigator, and for tabs that don't have digitiser stylus, dynamic rotate works better.