logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cutsrock  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:21:52 PM(UTC)
cutsrock

In VC 2D3D V8 Verify/Properties Dialog opens and User Defined Materials is in the radio box. Can scroll to other materials and density of that material is used to calculate properties or enter a value for User Defined Materials and properties are calculated.

Is it possible to enter additional materials into the Mass Properties file? ie; like adding symbols.

Thanks Jim
phil  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:10:25 PM(UTC)
phil

I did it on SFX. If you can keep a secret .... it's the Materials.ini file :) Mine is located in the C:\Program Files\Punch! Software\Shark FX v7 BETA\Environ subdirectory.

I added "3M Rubber Foam" and "Bond Paper" in the [Misc] section and several related sections down in this Materials.ini file.

(yeah... bond paper or stickers/labels are not weightless if we have plenty in the assembly/drawing ha ha:))

Have fun!

bye
cutsrock  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:00:58 PM(UTC)
cutsrock

Thanks Phil. It didn't occur to me to use that avenue. I use a lot of 6061-T6 Aluminum and it's Density is 0.0975 lb/in3.

Thanks again.
Jim