logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheJoker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 6:53:33 AM(UTC)
TheJoker

Hi guys,

Just saying "Hi!". Downloaded ViaCAD 2D/3D a month or so ago in an attempt to try to find a piece of software that I could use to make drawings for my hobby milling machine projects. I've tried to use Sketchup before but as it's not a solid modelling software it's made my attempt very frustrating.
I've started making bits and pieces out of aluminium. Such as this:
UserPostedImage
But I've found that I should try to do it in a modelling software first as some things are just too complex for my old noodle.
Sadly my noodle is configured to take a piece of material and stare at it until I know how to remove material from it to finally come up with a shape that work. And after the 3rd iteration I'm usually bored or a perfectionist. :rolleyes:
I was hoping to use my Space Navigator with ViaCAD but it just seems to crash the whole application, either at startup if it's plugged in, or as soon as I plug it in. I'm hoping that will be resolved soon. (I've filed bugs and contacted Tim re Beta version).

No doubt will I be banging my head and coming here for consolation! :D