logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jbskaggs  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 10:08:41 PM(UTC)
jbskaggs

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I have a project that requires me to export all layers as the exact same view, rotation, and zoom.

Problem one: there is no png produced if I try to export that way so using jpg, then having to edit jpg in gimp.

Problem two: I need to be able to return to the exact zoom, rotation, location and view of drawing. I have not figured a way to do that so far. Help please?

Ea product has 32 layers that go into a "paperdoll" product builder on website. I have dozens of different products each with same number of layers. It can be a real challenge to get different products view, size, rotation, and zoom perfect.

Edited by user Monday, September 16, 2019 10:09:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jlm  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:29:30 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jbskaggs Go to Quoted Post
I have a project that requires me to export all layers as the exact same view, rotation, and zoom.
Problem one: there is no png produced if I try to export that way so using jpg, then having to edit jpg in gimp.
Problem two: I need to be able to return to the exact zoom, rotation, location and view of drawing. I have not figured a way to do that so far. Help please?

Hello,
Here are my tricks to get pictures :
1 : I use screen grab of Phong with edge... It is good enough for me with a large display.
2 : You can create new view in the "view" menu to save view angle. For zooming, make a large sphere bigger than your biggest object, zoom all, and hide the sphere before picture.
Workarounds...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:30:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:12:16 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>Problem one: there is no png produced if I try to export that way so using jpg, then having to edit jpg in gimp.

I did a quick check regarding exporting PNG images from drawings and all seemed ok. What version of the product and OS are you using?

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
murray  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:15:43 PM(UTC)
murray

Australia

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 85 post(s)
View properties gives the technical definition of what's on screen. The box has provision to name it uniquely there and you recall it from View:User view. You can physically scale views in sheet layer viewports if needed.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:24:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified