logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ghostinthemirror  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 12:47:26 PM(UTC)
ghostinthemirror

When I use ist for simple solids or extrude polygons it works fine as expected. As long as I track with my mouse it shows me the difference to my start position. When I release the mouse then I can with TAB or left mouse click to the relevant input field and enter the precise value and then ENTER. After making some operations with the solid (holes, drillings) the push/pull doesn't work anymore with the possibility of manuel input after the operation. The input field doesn't appear anymore and so the correction of the value by typing is not possible anymore, whatever I try.
I use Viacad 14 Pro DE but the original 14 Pro Release in English shows the same problem. Is this a bug or did I not understand something?
Best Regards
Lutz
MPSchmied  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 3:59:04 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 101 post(s)
When you drag with the mouse, you must press Tab four times to enter the distance value. By clicking directly into the highlighted field with the mouse, you can also enter the value. Negative values are allowed for reversing the direction of extrusion. To enable this, you need to deactivate the default zoom keyboard shortcuts. This is done by modifying the ***Shortcuts.ini file in your user configuration directory with the following entries:

For German Version:
Code:
Ansicht:Zoom In=] ! '
and
Code:
Ansicht:Zoom Out=[ ? #

For English Version:
Code:
View:Zoom In=] ! '
and
Code:
View:Zoom Out=[ ? #

Remember to delete the old zoom entries.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 13, 2023 4:01:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
thanks 1 user thanked MPSchmied for this useful post.
GARLIC on 12/14/2023(UTC)
ghostinthemirror  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2023 7:07:13 PM(UTC)
ghostinthemirror

I will have a look to the shortcuts file (I use the Mac version). But I found out my main mistake. When clicking and begin to move the wheel at the same time, this can occur the described problem. That means, after releasing the left mouse button no input field appears anymore What helps? One klick with the left mouse button on the wanted area and then klick again and extrude. Now the fields are back again and I can make the correction if needed.