logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Francois  
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:37:14 AM(UTC)
Francois

Tim Olson wrote:
>>When Sketchup updated to Vista, we created a patch. That build number is 711.

While in ViaCAD, select the Help:Current Version menu item. It will compare your version with the most current version. Click on the download button if you are out of date.

Tim,
I'm on a Mac, running ViaCad v5.0.1 Build (711) per the "About..." window.

However, when I check for an update as per your suggestion above, I get the following message :
" Your version of ViaCad has an available update. Your current build number is 5.0.1. the new version number is 7.1.1 "
If I download and install the file, it's exactly the same version (build 711).

But I also noticed that the demo version is labelled "xxxx713.dmg". So, is there a build 713 for registered users ?

It looks to me that :
- the verification process is not working correctly
- the words "build" and "version" have to be swapped in the notification message that's poping after checking the update.

Can you please confirm that I'm running the latest version and, if possible, when is the next release scheduled .

Thank you
Tim Olson  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2007 5:33:43 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
ViaCad 2D/3D v5.0.1 Build (711) is the most current commerical release.

>So, is there a build 713 for registered users ?

No. The trial build was built on a later code stream requiring we use 713. The trial (demo) build cannot be used by registered users.

We will have a 714 (or greater) ViaCAD 2D/3D update shortly with some bug fixes.
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Francois  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 9:42:55 AM(UTC)
Francois

Tim Olson wrote:
ViaCad 2D/3D v5.0.1 Build (711) is the most current commerical release.

>So, is there a build 713 for registered users ?

No. The trial build was built on a later code stream requiring we use 713. The trial (demo) build cannot be used by registered users.

We will have a 714 (or greater) ViaCAD 2D/3D update shortly with some bug fixes.

Thank you, Tim.
rollin45  
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 12:29:55 PM(UTC)
rollin45

I'm wondering if the upgrade to ViaCad2d/3d is available as yet. The fix I am interested in regards importing Sketchup files in a Windows system.

The way I understand it, all the fixes, patches etc. are included in the new ProVersion, has anyone tried this?

I really don't have the time to download the 320mb trial version to find this out, so I was hoping someone has attempted this import and has a result.

A patch was to be released "shortly", that was some months ago, and I realize the folks in charge have their hands full, but I was hoping for some news.

rollin'
Thomas Hazlett  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:04:25 PM(UTC)
Thomas Hazlett

I had the same problem and I started saving my SU in version 5 and they have all worked since. I hope this helps.

Thomas Hazlett
Tim Olson  
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:45:53 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Thomas

What version do you have? The build number is listed in the About dialog box. SU 6 was added in a later update patch. Patches you can get using the Help:Current Version menu item.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Francois  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:46:20 PM(UTC)
Francois

Tim Olson wrote:
Thomas

What version do you have? The build number is listed in the About dialog box. SU 6 was added in a later update patch. Patches you can get using the Help:Current Version menu item.

Tim

Tim,
There is again a problem with version/build numbers between the About dialog box and the Help;current menu.
I believe I am running 737 per the About box. The Help menu says that I have 737 but that there is a 7.3.8 ?? (see image) If I try to download, I get a 737 patch.
So, who's right ?
Francois attached the following image(s):
Image1.jpg (54kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:58:26 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

737 is fine. We're about to update ViaCAD/Shark with a minor patch bringing the build up to 742.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore