logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:28:59 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I think a neat and possibly "easy" enhancement to the Gripper would be:

-- make it possible for the "non-visible" translation handle to be "accessible" when in a planar view.

Origin is accessible, but when it is moved, the result is that any and all points in that snap get moved away from their individual y axis, if, for example, the view is a side view.

If the view is a planar side view, and I am using buttocks surfaces to check the fairing of a surface and want to move a control point inboard or outboard, I must slightly change the view orientation or just hit a shortcut, click on the handld, then mid-stream return to the planar sideview, then tab to the input field, enter a value, hit enter, and wait 5-15 seconds for SLT to do the math and update the view.

It would be nicer and more convenient if I could just be in a planar view, and in the case of a side view, translate the y axis without reorienting the view. I could then, if it is possible in a future enhancement, use a control key tap (tap, not tab) to flip the direction of the translation that just happened, or to flip the direction of translation once I tab (tab, not tap) my way back into the input field.

Possible way to enble this:

A larger translation cone with a dotted reticle/circle to indicate the possibility to "activate" that translation method/mode/ability.