logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 5:48:53 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
"Make selected object's layer the current layer" is something I wish VCP and Shark Lt had.

I have a dizzyingly large number of layers, nested or otherwise. It is extremely time consuming to root around among them.

Scenario: I import hundreds of layers having mesh objects. I then create new layers to contain new geometry and into which to bring or create surface analogs of original meshes. For organization reasons, I want to find some geometry to work on, but i often forget to change my working layer. Even if I remember to change the layer, it is time taking to expand and re collapse layers, especially when expanding all of them is inconvenient.

Suggestion: a patch that adds to the tree, shortcut list, and contextual right-click an option to the effect of "Make (one of the) selected object's layer the current layer".

Also, to make.the trouble worth it, another suggestion: MRUL, or Most Recently Used Layers. Also, MHUL, or Most Heavily Used Layers. The user could have an option to have VCP or Shark remember either current or multiple sessions, preferably real time written to a text file. Open a copy of the.file, append its contents, appent the file name to the folder, and release the file.so it is independent of VCP or Shark crashes. Also, allow the user to edit and flag the text file such a way as to prioritize the top listing of the mrul and mhul or just truncate the list. It obviously should be associated with the articular file.that is open. Not.in the binary, but in a text file so a user can associate it with an histoical or archive file that does not have the mrul or mhul history.
Then, make the interface able to.recognize or allow midstream layer changing and returning to operate on an immediately recent layer.

Thanks!
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 6:40:48 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Also,

Please add to th .contextual right click an option to the effect of "jump the CE tree list view to show the layer of the.currenly selected object", the intention being to spare the user of the drudgery of scrollinf up and down deeply nested and insanely deep layer trees. This could probably make less necessary my previous suggestion.