logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nabed  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2007 8:30:39 AM(UTC)
nabed

Drawing 3 point arcs from time to time leads to a result as if the 3 points had been clicked in a different order, giving you the "wrong" section of the arc (I don't know what are the right conditions that determine this behavior, but I attached an example file).
This is an ancient bug in CU that never has been resolved.
The workaround is to draw a 3 point circle and trim it, but I think CU should be able to do better than this, shouldn't it?

Ciao, Norbert
File Attachment(s):
ancient_3point_arc-bug.cu (19kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
nabed attached the following image(s):
3point_arc.jpg (54kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 10:31:55 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>Drawing 3 point arcs from time to time leads to a result as if the 3 points had been clicked in a different order, giving you the "wrong" section of the arc

Hi Norbert,

I cannot repeat using the "Three Point Arc" tool (Start, Pt On, End). Is that the tool you are using? Does it create it correctly, then something changes it?

Thanks,
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
nabed  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 12:34:31 PM(UTC)
nabed

Hi Tim.

You're correct, it's the "Three Point Arc" tool (Start, Pt On, End).
It is a bit difficult to repeat the behavior, it just happens from time to time.
I used to think it dependet on the position of the points, but a quick test with the file I attached disproved this assumption: this time it worked perfectly fine.

But I can confirm that the described bug happens quite frequently. It seems to occur in a way similar to some other CU "strange behaviors" like:
Copy and Paste greyed out (in older versions, now resolved) "redo" command going away and the notorious "snaps stop working" (see: [URL="http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=393"]http://forum.punchcad.com/showthread.php?t=393[/URL] - please have a look at this one - it is driving me nuts!)

The 3 point arc problem goes back to at least Version 3 (of Concepts 3D at that time).

Ciao, Norbert