logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Redss  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2007 11:55:13 AM(UTC)
Redss

I can not find out had to in inport or export to my punch 4000 program
can soneone help me.
Her is a hing I made for e-Cabinet program

Thank You
Redds
Redss attached the following image(s):
A.jpg (115kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
[email protected]  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2007 1:45:28 PM(UTC)
dollyhudnall@comcast.net

From what I understand after purchasing the ViaCAD last week importing 3D files into a Punch Home Design Program can not be done. I was so excited to find this program but after the purchase and some research I found I can not use it for the purpose I had in mind.

I thought it was like a SUPER 3D Workshop similar to the one in the Punch Home Design Software with a lot of different tools. I was quickly disappointed to find out that I could only import a 2D file then use the AS4000 convert tools in my program, like convert to: floor, wall, deck, stairs...). I can not import any of the objects I would like to build as a 3D (if there is a way to do this without spending a lot more $$$ can someone please tell me how?). I don't know what I will use the program for now other than just playing. It has no value to me now that my purpose for use is not possible unless I have misunderstood something. I can import Punch objects to the ViaCAD but I can not export them for use in the AS4000.

Patricia posted on the Punch Forum trying to help someone with a DXF/DWG Import Problem. She mentions importing a Kraftmaid cabinet file (I don't know if this will help you, but I hope so). She has some tutorials mentioned on the thread that may help you achieve the cabinets import but once again, I am not sure. You can see the thread here: http://[email protected]/0

Wish: I wish I could export my creations for 3D use into the Punch AS4000. I would assume the export files would need a .3Ds extension in order to do this but the ViaCAD does not support the export of this extension. It will be a big disappointment to other users with the same idea as mine when they find out they are not 3D compatible. Giving the ViaCAD this option could potentially boost your sales significantly and help the object libraries grow.

I do notice some of the images on the ViaCAD 2D/3D box are objects included in the Punch AS4000 libraries. Importing/converting the ViaCAD files to Punch objects is possible, I just don't know what the process is. If there is documentation on how to do this can someone point me in the direction of it? It would be greatly appreciated by me and I am sure many other users as well.

Dolly
[email protected]  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:12:59 AM(UTC)
dollyhudnall@comcast.net

From what I understand the export problem from ViaCAD so you can import into Punch Home Design Softwares should be addressed in the next release.