logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
magco1  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2007 4:49:35 AM(UTC)
magco1

I just installed an NVIDIA Quadro FX 1100 Video card. It is a nice improvement over the ATI 9600 pro it replaced, except I now can't render in CU. The render starts down the screen and then it appears to reset itself and starts again from that spot. I end up with rendered and nonrendered strips across the screen. Has anyone out there encountered anything like this? :(

I've Updated everything from the Motherboard chipset to the Bios. Uninstalled and reinstalled the video drivers and CU. It just doesn't work.
Other programs I have render fine...

Please Help!

Thanks!

mike
magco1  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2007 4:53:54 AM(UTC)
magco1

I have a 550 watt power supply and the extra power plug is plugged in. I put the ATI card back in and it does the same thing. Won't render. I can render to a file, that works. It won't render on the CU screen. It's like its being interupted or reset part way through and continues on from that point. I have two other versions of CU installed that are older, they have the same problem. All my other programs work just fine, only CU will not render. CU worked fine in the past. Other than regular Windows upgrades I haven't changed anything but the video card. When I change cards I completely uninstall the previous drivers before installing the new ones. and all the drivers are the latest offered by the manufacturers.

Thank You for the Help!

mike
magco1  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2007 8:54:07 AM(UTC)
magco1

It's a Microsoft program in the start menu called "ipoint". When I turn it off everything is just fine, turn it on Cu won't render. Doesn't seem to effect the working of the mouse at all either way. Can't figure out what it's really for. Something Microsoft stuck in with intellapoint.

Thanks to All for the help!:)

mike
KurtF  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2007 1:13:06 PM(UTC)
KurtF

Hey Mike,

glad you got it working.
Tim Olson  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2007 2:23:12 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>It's a Microsoft program in the start menu called "ipoint". When I turn it off everything is just fine, turn it on Cu won't render.

I wonder if ipoint sending some message which Concepts is interperting as a render abort.

Tim Olson
Punch! Software
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore