logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WaveMechanic  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 12:52:08 PM(UTC)
WaveMechanic

Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi All,

I see many good suggestions for new features in ViaCAD. I also have a suggestion, but it is not to add a new feature. Rather, although new features are desirable, I would like to be sure that as new features are added to ViaCAD (or Shark), significant effort is applied to:

1) Be sure existing features are not "broken" in the new build (i.e. keep it solid and stable). Place priority on maintaining (or fixing bugs) in existing functions.

2) Keep ViaCAD compatible with as many platforms as possible. If ViaCAD can only run on the newest high-end systems with the most memory, fastest CPU, and light-speed graphics cards, some of us will be left in the dust as we don't all upgrade to a new system every year. Also, it can become difficult to know what system to get next because of uncertainty as to which systems/platforms are fully compatible.

I am fairly new to ViaCAD, really like it, and it seems to work well on my system. I just wanted to throw in my $0.02 to help assure that ViaCAD (and Shark) remain solid and stable. (It's really hard if one becomes dependent upon a great piece of software but as time passes, you end up spending a lot of time trying to find work-arounds for stability issues, crashes and incompatibilities that can quickly evolve as new builds are created).

All "in my opinion", of course!

The Other Tim

Edited by user Saturday, May 30, 2015 1:13:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim (NOT Tim Olson)
ViaCAD 2D/3D and PRO V9 1184, Blender 2.49-2.78.
Win 7 SP1, Core I5, 64-bit, NVIDIA G105M