logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 4:46:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello everyone,
it's been a few years since i visited the forum.
I expected to see lots of traffic here but surprise not really.
I started out with VC7 then 8, and upgrade to VC8-pro--
I've been using solidworks at work but i don't really have anything good for home use
so trying different options, i tried freecad but i can't wrap my head around it.
solidedge shows promise but want to stay away from web based.
so I figured that i would take a peak here again to see what's going on and see what has been updated.
my biggest issue with VC was the precision 2d drawings from 3d was horrible.
I would need to go to shark in order to get that.the cost has always been prohibitive,
but it seems ther's a special 50%off shark plus another $100 upgrade discount bringing cost down to about $250.
not cheap but...doable.. but now that i see so little traffic here I'm getting cold feet. this use to be a very busy forum.
has interest in punch cad diminished??? are people just moving on to other free cad. Like fussion360? ect..
just wondering
thanks
new2cad

Nick R  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:11:10 AM(UTC)
Nick R

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,
I think that you will find that the forum is quieter these days. However if you have a lot at Shark you'll see it's very capable with some good new features.
I guess some folks have moved to Solidworks and other apps. I find Shark can too just about all I need without the cost and more complex approach of SW.
maybe most of the more experienced Shark users don't feel the need to post on the forum.

Nick
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:41:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
yes I bit the bullet and did the upgrade to sharkcad.
we'll see how it goes,
either i'll stick to it or this may be the last$$ that punchcad will see from me .
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:43:17 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)

Feel free to use this forum to post suggestions or use this link to report ideas/suggestions directly to the development team.

http://www.punchcadlabs.com/page10/page10.php

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
MPSchmied  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:25:31 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Tim Olson and some good experts are watching the Forum and helping the people. Maybe not enough traffic, but enough reasons to use this forum and not just the posted "direct contact to the development team".

More traffic will be here when more people using SharkCad and ViaCad. Because of the great potential of Shark CAD i guess the amount of users increase in future.
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm