logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jjeconomaki  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:12:49 PM(UTC)
jjeconomaki

Most of the photo realistic rendering programs rely on surface colors for the application of materials. As an example, a simple cube would need a unique color assigned to each face if each face in the rendering package were to be different. Consequently, a large scene, with lots of parts and colors becomes tedious to manage.

Would it be possible when using "Select All" that the color palette identify every color in the model that is being used? This would also show those colors available. Or an option to show those colors unused?

Also, when using the Selection Mask: if a color is selected in the scene, it would be identified in the Mask. Scrolling thru 30 or 40 different colors is painful.

Tim, this should be easy and I look forward to the fix next week. :)

--John
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:08:28 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Nice idea.

Also, an add-remove-substitute feature might be useful. Or, the color wheel/palette could just "omit" the colors not used but still keep their respective positions so that those who are color-versed could choose to add or remove or substitute colors based on color rules. In my case, it's just random selections based on proximity to another surface and how the lighting helps or hurts my viewing as I work through pans and rotations.