logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RAMA  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:46:28 AM(UTC)
RAMA

Is there a simple way in the new FX to create a command which minimizes pallet flyouts back to the single menu? I'm constantly clicking to close flyouts as they pile up on the screen. Perhaps there is a better workflow I am not aware of.

Thanks, Rama
jol  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:54:38 AM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
well .. option-click & close (on the Mac) gets rid of all the palettes

but be warned .. I do mean all the palettes

Tim .. be handy if option-closing a single sub-palette closed all the sub-palettes but not the toolbar or the object edit menu and other windows !

Can this be done ?
RAMA  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:06:38 AM(UTC)
RAMA

Jol,
Thank you, very helpful! I will use this command.

When I said "flyouts" I simply meant sub-palettes. I second Jol's question, can there be a command to simply close sub-palettes?

Can this be done?
unique  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:11:27 AM(UTC)
unique

Originally Posted by: RAMA Go to Quoted Post
Is there a simple way in the new FX to create a command which minimizes pallet flyouts back to the single menu? I'm constantly clicking to close flyouts as they pile up on the screen. Perhaps there is a better workflow I am not aware of.

Thanks, Rama

Hi Rama,

I think the flyouts work with the intention of either dragging the pallet out or just using the tool you need, the latter automatically retracting the pallet. I think you are looking for a way of clearing your screen back to square one...maybe a cmd off window pulldown would do the trick - Tim ?