logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:39:48 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Sometimes, when zoomed in REALLY close to select a face of a surface or solid, the ambiguity popup lists the objects available for selection for some operation. But, when zoomed up to really closely -- even if lines/curves can be seen -- it can be quite difficult to see what is going to be selected. If listed pieces are small, no problem, but if a piece selected is itself compound-curved, very large, and is complex or imperfectly created, then the selection may turn into a very CPU-bogging experience.

To avoid that (from past experience) and the time lost waiting or the work lost if I kill the process or crash the app, I have to neurotically zoom in and out multiple times and sometimes jot down just what object i will select.

One possible way to help the user save time would be to have the object temporarily become shaded, or have contrasting colors, or in the case of the color impaired, hatched or display perimeter jaggies.