logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:53:30 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
1. Lassoing on a mesh before conversion to surface;
2. Locking icons to a given edge and location on edge regardless of the resolution changing in the desktop

1. Would it be useful to let the user draw or project lines/curves or place surfaces or solids on a mesh and indicating that that point of contact be the start of the mesh breakdown lines before conversion to a surface?

1a. Would it be possible to draw onto a mesh a user-desired breakdown of a mesh instead of the breakdown derived from its source?

2. When will it be possible to have persistent (across session, even after a total system crash), database-like atomicity of tools/icons locking? This probably happens rarely since most people may not fiddle with their screen resolution, especially not down to 640x480. However, since i run win 7 inside VirtualBox OSE (the Open Source Edition), and the OSE version tends to open itself (and causes w7 to also open) at 1020x768 instead of my 1680x X setting), it would REALLY be useful to me if VC/VCP did not take direction from windows in this regard. VCP either is told by win7 or VCP senses the resolution change and shoves palettes and floating toolbars into the new boundary. When i go and reset the resolution, VCP has no memory recall of my settings which SHOULD be in a configuration text file just before the session opens.

2a. Can the last-known-good session config files be preserved so that when dinky little things happen that we can go to a menu and say "Open last or new session using a user-saved config from another properly-closed session"?
NickB  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 3:09:08 PM(UTC)
NickB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ZeroLengthCurve Go to Quoted Post

2. When will it be possible to have persistent (across session, even after a total system crash), database-like atomicity of tools/icons locking? This probably happens rarely since most people may not fiddle with their screen resolution, especially not down to 640x480. However, since i run win 7 inside VirtualBox OSE (the Open Source Edition), and the OSE version tends to open itself (and causes w7 to also open) at 1020x768 instead of my 1680x X setting), it would REALLY be useful to me if VC/VCP did not take direction from windows in this regard. VCP either is told by win7 or VCP senses the resolution change and shoves palettes and floating toolbars into the new boundary. When i go and reset the resolution, VCP has no memory recall of my settings which SHOULD be in a configuration text file just before the session opens.

This has always been a problem for me, and the way that I have dealt with it is to create a couple of sets of user preferences which I name with the resolution. If I go into (Mac) User / Library / Preferences / Punch!
I have preferences named sets of preferences:
Punch! - this is the one that Shark will look at at launch
PunchVirgin - I use this if I mess things up
Punch2X1680 - duel screen 1680
Punch1X1680 - single 1680 display that I use when screen sharing
On my laptop I also have a couple of saved preferences so that if I am showing work with a projector I can move the palettes to my laptops screen and display the model on the external screen. The location is slightly different for windows, but I think that you can do the same thing. On the Mac there is a product called RooSwitch that will automate the process of changing preference files. I would imagine that there is something similar on the PC side.

It would be great if there was a re-set palettes button for those occasional times when you can not access palettes that are displaying off screen. For example I recently moved my preferences which contain custom colors and 20 or so shortcuts and numerous other settings from my old machine (2X 1680 displays) to a new machine with a 1920 + 1680 display. Because I place the Navigator window at the very top left of the second display, it was totally inaccessible on the new wider display, as half of the window was covered by the system and Punch toolbars. I had to go into the .ini files and search for the line that included the location for that window and then manually add a new value, that or blow away all my settings by having Shark create a new preference folder.
Shark FX 9 build 1143
OS X 9.5
3.6 GHz Core i7, 8GB, GTX 760 2GB

matter.cc