logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maruchan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:07:18 AM(UTC)
maruchan

Am I eligible for any kind of upgrade pricing for ViaCAD Pro if I purchased ViaCAD 2D/3D from the Mac App Store? I'll want to upgrade at some point, and I wasn't able to purchase 2D/3D from PunchCAD's online store.
Gil  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:46:03 AM(UTC)
Gil

I would like to upgrade version ViaCAD 2d/3d 8 purchased on the Apple App Store to version pro ... how to do?
:)
Thanks, Gil
Gil  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:35:32 PM(UTC)
Gil

Up! Please answer :)
robcha  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:55:55 AM(UTC)
robcha

I'm also wondering if this can be done!

Will check if there is some serial inside the Mac App store version when I get back. Maybe this can be used with the upgrade option on the website?

Best regards,
Roberto
Tim Olson  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:54:48 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Originally Posted by: maruchan Go to Quoted Post
Am I eligible for any kind of upgrade pricing for ViaCAD Pro if I purchased ViaCAD 2D/3D from the Mac App Store? I'll want to upgrade at some point, and I wasn't able to purchase 2D/3D from PunchCAD's online store.

Encore is working on better solution for upgrades from the App Store. I'll forward them a reminder that it is still an issue.

Just curious, why could you not buy from the PunchCAD online store?

Thanks

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
robcha  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:12:14 AM(UTC)
robcha

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reminding Encore.

This is a good question, I used to think it didn't matter too much either.
Here is a list of the reasons I think:

1) It makes it is easy to keeping track of updates and having them installed without any fuss.

2) It is easy migrating software to a new computer, or installing a version on ones laptop and one on your workstation (I have a iMac 27" and an MacBookPro 13" retina) and work on either one depending on if I'm traveling or at my home office (small company!).

3) It is easy and convenient buying from the app store, just enter your password (like when buying any iPhone app), done in 3 sec. No need to enter visa/mastercards, clicking through pages, being unsure if the company has a good and secure payment system.

For the developers point of view, it should give a massive amount of exposure to new users, compared to having the users finding your website.
I stumbled upon your product by chance, browsing the app store, not having heard of it before, though I have been in the 3D graphics business for 25+ years :)

Upgrades should be possible to solve with some sort of iTunes gift card or so I think. But otherwise I don't think they yet support any sort of upgrade pricing...

Best regards,
Roberto

Originally Posted by: Tim Olson Go to Quoted Post
Encore is working on better solution for upgrades from the App Store. I'll forward them a reminder that it is still an issue.

Just curious, why could you not buy from the PunchCAD online store?

Thanks

Tim
Tem  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 11:34:31 PM(UTC)
Tem

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I like the idea of the App store, but in reality its hard to find Apps unless you know them by name. Type in "CAD" in the search box and what does the App store find for you? it finds electrical schematic drawing Apps, a 2D drawing App and all sorts of remotely related Apps. Search for "Surfacing" and only 1 App is found, but its not correct. Try "MCAD" , "NURBS". These searches have no results. So the issue is one can't search easily by specific App types and get results although there are Apps with this functionality within the App store.
robcha  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:56:49 AM(UTC)
robcha

Update:
Ok, gmails spam filter fault (I should have thought of checking this before), I had received an email and it ended in the spam box.
No mail from support, but I found it and solved (and have now purchased two copies).
Will take this with support.

---
Hi,

I tried buying ViaCAD v8 Pro last week on Friday (the 24:th) using the memorial coupon. However I have not yet received any download link or serial and Encore support has failed to answer my questions.

(I ignored the upgrade problems, and thought the different to not be so big when getting the discount).

There was also some extra option to get the DVD sleeve shipped, but this would not work if buying from Sweden, so I had to remove that, and maybe that made the whole purchase not work ?

There is a new coupon today, so I will try again and hope I do not get charged twice.

So I would say buying through the website instead of Apple app store is much simpler :)
Tim Olson  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:38:52 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 353 post(s)
If it is a purchasing issue you may want to call customer service.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore