logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
misterrogers  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:29:08 PM(UTC)
misterrogers

Is there already a command to "transform again"?

e.g. If a line is moved over a specific distance, can I click on another arbitrary object and click "transform again" so it too moves that distance from wherever it is?
zumer  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 3:50:07 AM(UTC)
zumer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't know, but I think it would be only slightly more efficient, and only if done with a transform record option key. It takes shift and two mouse clicks to shift the selection focus anyway, and then two more clicks for origin and destination. A "transform again" button would save one click, and you'd have to shift your attention from the drawing window to the toolbar and back.
NickB  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 11:15:09 AM(UTC)
NickB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Unless I am misunderstanding you, this works already.

Select the transform / move tool, select your object, click point to move from, click point to move to. After the move the object and tool are still both selected so you can easily just click start and end points again. If you want to duplicate press the option key. This has been working for me for years.
Shark FX 9 build 1143
OS X 9.5
3.6 GHz Core i7, 8GB, GTX 760 2GB

matter.cc
misterrogers  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:09:10 PM(UTC)
misterrogers

Originally Posted by: NickB Go to Quoted Post
Unless I am misunderstanding you, this works already.

Select the transform / move tool, select your object, click point to move from, click point to move to. After the move the object and tool are still both selected so you can easily just click start and end points again. If you want to duplicate press the option key. This has been working for me for years.

I'm referring instead to being able to select a second object immediately after transforming a first object.

e.g. if I want to rotate an object 35 on the X axis, it would be handy to select another object immediately after and be able to hit a shortcut key that would transform that second object 35 without having to enter the numeric value a second time.

Is what you have suggested a possible solution to this?

Thanks.
zumer  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:50:38 AM(UTC)
zumer

I found it can be done if you take care with the deselection and reselection of new subjects so that the delta figures in the program header don't change and the program isn't interpreting the selection clicks as a new move. If they're unchanged, and you've changed the selection focus successfully, pressing enter will apply the transformation or translation according to the figures in the header. A little fussy, a lock for the delta figures would make it work consistently.
zumer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:58:48 AM(UTC)
zumer

I've found that I can make it happen sometimes, if I take care shifting selection so that the delta figures in the program header are unchanged, then press enter. Sometimes it works as you'd want, sometimes the second action undoes the first as well. Not reliable or consistent, so not a time-saver.
lgrijalva  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:52:54 AM(UTC)
lgrijalva

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
A temporally select tool it will be helpful for this, so you can back and for between tools just pressing and depressing one key
Luis G
Industrial Designer
MacOSX Ventura 13.6.4
User since Concepts Unlimited
SharkCad 14
www.miditec.com.mx
www.diferro.com