logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ryan Anderson  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:47:32 PM(UTC)
Ryan Anderson

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It would be nice to be able to zoom when using the verify distance tool, so that you can pick points easier.

edit - nevermind, I got it to work

edit- okay it only works after you pick the first point. It would be good if you were able to zoom to the first point after selecting the tool, instead of having to zoom before. I am always wondering how my distances look, so I click the tool to check, then can't zoom to the proper point. So I close the tool, zoom so I can select the point, then use the tool.
Thanks
Ryan
mikeschn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:56:41 AM(UTC)
mikeschn

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Ryan,

I agree with you completely. Which is why I use a spaceball. Check out the video I just made for you!

http://www.mikenchell.com/images/spaceball.mp4

I bought my spaceball 5000 on ebay, and the space navigator from www.3dconnexion.com

Mike...

P.S. No affiliation with 3dconnexion. I'm just a satisfied user!
ViaCAD Pro 12 on Windows; Viacad Pro 14 on Mac
L. Banasky  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:45:42 AM(UTC)
L. Banasky

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hi Ryan,
I also miss this feature,it used to work in earlier versions, but somehow was lost in the "improvements".
Larry
Ryan Anderson  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:17:40 AM(UTC)
Ryan Anderson

Those videos you make are pretty cool Mike, they have been useful for me. Thanks for taking the time to do them. The spacepilot looks pretty cool too, something I think I would want to try for a while before I buy, unless I can get one prety cheap. Therre is one for about $250 on ebay right now, I assume that's not a bad price. I currently use one hand on the mouse, and one on the keyboard. I had seen on this forum that the 'c' key would cycle through the workplanes, but it seems only to locate the workplane wherever my cursor is at the moment. I will keep fiddling with it.

Ryan
mikeschn  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:01:03 PM(UTC)
mikeschn

Hey Ryan,

Glad that helps...

I am currently using a Spaceball 5000 at home. I gave my $69 Space Navigator to my buddy. I think they now cost $99 or thereabouts...

But if I had to buy a new one today, I think it would be the Space Explorer, which is what I use at work. I like having the palm rest, which keeps the device from moving across the table on you.

Mike...
NickB  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:12:06 PM(UTC)
NickB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Zoom with verify distance works if you zoom using the scroll wheel on your mouse, you can also pan using the space bar.

Am I missing something ?

http://screencast.com/t/Vidy237Vtjsl
Shark FX 9 build 1143
OS X 9.5
3.6 GHz Core i7, 8GB, GTX 760 2GB

matter.cc
Ryan Anderson  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:24:55 PM(UTC)
Ryan Anderson

In Viacad 2d/3d, when you first open the tool, I have just discovered you must right click before you are able to zoom, then you can go wherever you want. It was the right click, which is not very intuitive, that I was missing.

Ryan
mikeschn  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:12:24 PM(UTC)
mikeschn

Originally Posted by: Ryan Anderson Go to Quoted Post
Those videos you make are pretty cool Mike, they have been useful for me. Thanks for taking the time to do them. The spacepilot looks pretty cool too, something I think I would want to try for a while before I buy, unless I can get one prety cheap. Therre is one for about $250 on ebay right now, I assume that's not a bad price. I currently use one hand on the mouse, and one on the keyboard. I had seen on this forum that the 'c' key would cycle through the workplanes, but it seems only to locate the workplane wherever my cursor is at the moment. I will keep fiddling with it.

Ryan

I sense a video for the c key coming... maybe I'll draw a helix spline and cycle the work plane at the end of it...

But not tonight... had a rough day at work, and even my car beat me up on the way home...

Mike...
jdi000  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 5:34:09 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ryan Anderson Go to Quoted Post
In Viacad 2d/3d, when you first open the tool, I have just discovered you must right click before you are able to zoom.

Ryan

The zoom is not active on the pc when you first use verify tool. Only after a user input like rt clicking or picking the first point does zooming work.

Regards
Jason
Windows 11, 10