logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:27:36 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
wishes for VC3 format...

export-delete-original file's filenames names-- possible?

export- export only selected layers and keep structure/heirarchy, as in

flag or switch to attach to an item representative of items of interest on that object's layer -- instead of using "Show Only" (and getting deep into edits only to realize that cannot "revert to last used layer view show(n)"...

alternatively, add a feature to allow stepping around in various layer states (maybe presets) that are separate from and independent of the undo steps/stages.

I LOVE that VC does not incorporate the viewports and zooms as part of the undo/redo like ACAD does. ACAD drives me NUTS with that, and the only use i have for that mode of undo/redo is if a super-tiny piece of geometry is otherwise too difficult to find and it's too onerous to hunt it down by entity types/colors...

Speaking of which,

I'd like to suggest that it be possible to enhance the Select Mask. It would be nice if the select mask additionally permits one to dynamically zoom up (or, better yet, magnify in a callout/circle/somesuch) only the parts found in the select, but not alter the viewport itself. This could be done like this: the found/mask-Select-All-selected item could hightlight, flash, change contrast, or have a leader auto-generated to run from the geometry and then auto-move the cursor or some reticle/circle to the endpoint of the follow-me-leader. The reticle or endpoint of the "FML" should auto-place in a clear area of the screen based on the presence or absence of dialogs, tools, and drawing geometry. I suggest this because i am finding remnants of explodes that i can select, but the lengths are like 0.0047'. So, i have to set the filter, select all to get those, and then try to zoom all, only to not be able to actually SEE the geometry. The workaround was to up the length to 50' so it would blatantly stand out. Then do the reverse of the above to a certain point to resume work...