logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:57:29 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I find that dynamic zoom sneaks in mid stream of what i am doing. I'm tooling along, adding lines, editing surfaces, changing properties, whatever, and suddenly, when i hit a key for a shortcut, there is no response. I try panning or something with middle-click, nothing. A few months back, i'd inadvertently figured out that hitting the Ctrl key smacks down this assertion of d/z.

Can we get a slipstream bug fix (or, is it a feature?) to slay this horse? I rarely use dynamic zoom, and if in were on horseback fleeing for my life, i'd hate to have my horse pan me around as arrows came my way. It's incredibly frustrating having d/z jump in like that. I don't visually register nor notice cues that the dynamic pan shifted into dynamic zoom. I don't want d/z asserting. If I had Col. Steve Austin's bionic hand, i'd be going through many a mouse by now. I hope it's just me, and that i can recondition myself.
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:59:17 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi, Z

I see the same issue with the program locking the dynamic zoom on. I have not been able to make steps to repeat it happens after working for a while and I go and activate a command and hit the center mouse button to rotate the model but the dynamic zoom icon shows and the model will not rotate only zoom in and out.

I found a way to clear the dynamic zoom lock up.

Hold down ctrl and shift (which activates the in stream zoom) and click the left mouse button and hold drag and then drag to undo, release and the dynamic zoom lockup is fixed.

The in stream (zoom in) does not zoom correctly it zooms too far the scale on the zoom in doesn't work on the pc seems to be off by a large factor of like 10x or more. The zoom out works fine

Thanks
Jason
jdi000 attached the following image(s):
in stream zoom.PNG (40kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10
ZeroLengthCurve  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:30:02 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

THANKS!

I'll give that a shot, Jason.

(Just so you know, hehehe, as i read that

"Hold down ctrl and shift (which activates the in stream zoom) and click the left mouse button and hold drag and then drag to undo, release and the dynamic zoom lockup is fixed."

that i was ducking and weaving as if in a boxing ring or a first-person shooter (first-person ZOOMER) game...)
ZeroLengthCurve  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 10:44:16 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Caveat: This may be specific to MY system, as i am using VC 2d/3d and VC Pro in vista, which runs in Virtual Box, which runs on top of Mandriva 2009. I have a laptop with 2 GB RAM, 256 or so dedicated to graphics. Additionally, i have VirtualBox shovel 1.3 GB over to vista because that hog needs well more than that to render decently, and KDE has phenomenally superior 3D effects -- an on my machine, with 300 MB RAM left over KDE/Plasma STILL wow people on the train and in Borders with vista running....

Anyway... I cannot recall whether or not i had this issue when in initially ran VC 2d/3d 5 & VC 2d/3d 6 in a native install of vista, but in my setup (described above), when i have open two drawings and switch between them, they both have their zoom levels reset to whatever one i switched out of prior. So, if i am cannibalized/copy-pasting items from one to the other, all that time-consuming zooming (due to the size of my model (562' long 66' wide, about 100' overall height)) becomes... well, more time consuming.

Can there be a fix to preserve zoom state when user switches drawings within the app? If i zoom in to some space that is around 10'x10' in one area of one drawing, then tab to the other drawing in a different location, i find that further switching resolves/forces BOTH drawings to the same relative size or zoom. This should not be so. To deal with it, i have to run VCPro v6 (trial) and VC 23/3d v6 instances and switch between the apps themselves.

Note: vista performance, IIRC was not much better natively than in VirtualBox ... my disk operations/experience is 5/5.+ since the mobo is virtualized, but my integrated intel graphics just drag down the rating overall to like 2.0...
Steve.M  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2009 1:26:46 AM(UTC)
Steve.M

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ZeroLengthCurve Go to Quoted Post
when i have open two drawings and switch between them, they both have their zoom levels reset to whatever one i switched out of prior.

If I minimize VC, then restore, the Zoom always resets. The display in VC needs work. Various problems with the display have been mentioned many times.

- Steve