logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alexcad77  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2022 11:30:45 PM(UTC)
Alexcad77

I started by removing all the collapsed facets. Then I use the mesh to Analytic tool which in return gives me an error message of "Unable to convert mesh element into analytics".
What else do I need to do to convert my mesh model into a solid, so it can be printed on a 3-D printer? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
File Attachment(s):
Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 12.54.51 AM.png (540kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
UGMENTALCASE  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 2:21:33 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I'd chuck it in meshlab or cloud compare sample it to generate a point cloud. Then remesh it.
Export the mesh to your slicing software.
The tool you are trying to use converts it to a solid acis model. I doubt it would work with something that complex
Alexcad77  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 9:13:11 PM(UTC)
Alexcad77

Hi Ugmentalcase,
Thank you for your help and recommendations! The "Point Cloud" is way too advanced for me. I did get to use it in Meshlab instead.
Alex,
2murray  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2022 8:34:13 PM(UTC)
2murray

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Point cloud to analytics finds planar, cylindrical, conical, ellipsoid surface sections in meshes. It's suitable for mechanical and csg-type models, it's completely irrelevant and inappropriate to your statue mesh. You don't need to convert it to a CAD solid at all to 3D print, and if you're using Cura as a slicer, it accepts six or seven import formats for your model and it's tolerant of notional flaws that will stop SLA or other UV-cured resin printers. If you want to modify your model, for example put it onto a base, PunchCAD V12 does much better mesh booleans than earlier versions, make the base as a mesh and it should add to your model as you'd expect solids to add. Failing that, Meshmixer, a freeware app that Autodesk took in-house for a while and added good features to, like mesh trimming, closing, shelling and booleans like this, will do it.
thanks 1 user thanked 2murray for this useful post.
GARLIC on 6/20/2022(UTC)