logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
la mouche  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:44:12 AM(UTC)
la mouche

hello Tim

is it possible to add a new tool to:

click on the name of a layer ------>>> make highlights items that this layer in interface 3d

great no? :)

better for fast selection without mask

Antoine
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 5:22:25 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I second that. But, enhance it with a toggle or ability to permit working on or measuring from or to items on the layer, then reverting the layer to an off status without undoing the edits. This could be great for certain activities.

Possibly, another enhancement could be to tell the layer to come on, but show all objects TOUCHING objects in the layer. This might be useful for activating floors or walls that touch but really are on separate management layers. This might facilitate looking for missing or redundant features in a very quick way since it means one need not hunt down layers (i have over 100 i think in one model now, and when in need certain combinations turned on and other off, it means LOTS of scrolling and ctrl-clicking or shift-clicking) and one need not turn on ALL the layers (which can (in my case) crash the model).

Yet another think i'd like is a horizontal and verticle management of layer on/off toggling. For example, for view and verification management, i identify major divisions of my ship model horizontally by AA, BB, CC, etc out to QQ. But for vertical divisions within those, there are 6 more layer or decks in some, and will be 10 or twelve layers/levels in around two of those. If the layers management could have an overlay that mimiced the overall breadth and depth and length of the model it would be awesome. Maybe it could be added to the View Ball.
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:02:14 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>>click on the name of a layer ------>>>
>> make highlights items that this layer in interface 3d

Something we added to Shark FX V6 is right click on a layer to "Select All Objects" in the layer.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
ZeroLengthCurve  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 2:47:33 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Sometimes i create a piece of geometry that gets drowned out by the huger surrounding objects after doing a zoom-all. Can there be a way (like in windows) to hit some designated key to draw a pulsing or expanding or glowing circle or sphere on selected geometry?

It would be nice, too, if the marker can remain "on" so that measurements can be taken.