logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jors  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 11:09:15 AM(UTC)
jors

Any Idea when ViaCAD 8 Pro will be released?

I think I saw a post mentioning about mid 2012 last year so I am just wondering.
jors  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:05:11 PM(UTC)
jors

Nothing yet?
Sunstarer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:14:59 PM(UTC)
Sunstarer

I just learned today it is released. Be sure to search for coupon codes, they're out there.
ZeroLengthCurve  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:22:04 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sunstarer Go to Quoted Post
I just learned today it is released. Be sure to search for coupon codes, they're out there.

Is there an updated comparison matrix?

I would like to learn whether VCP 8 has features I would like. SLT v8 has external refs, but, so far my heavy files bog it down. Push pull is great on some objects, but my model is too heavy, and i have to task kill wen i inadvertently hiy the push pull deformation tool.

Think I will take VCP 8 for a spin.
ZeroLengthCurve  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 2:22:53 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

http://www.punchsoftware.com/c-8-cad-software.aspx

I should NOT be seeing VCP 7 here with no VCP 8 or a VCP 8 URL.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! End this non-synchronicity. Why are the messages, press releases, and URLs disjointed. It is like Easter Egg hunting. Is there no CMS/CRM tool in use to make cust email blitzes relevant to the recipient?
I suspect that sales would improve if those perusing would not have to hit 3 or 4 sources looking for a real update. Hitting only one makes it appear nothing has changed. Even the important messages forum should proudly proclaim or herald the impending release with a reasonable count down instead of gimmicky marketing actions that prescribe withholding info in a bid to raise site visit impressions. Visits are meaningless if departure is seconds, with few if no actual reading and contribution to forms or topics.

I want Punch to succeed and do it well. Tim needs more people, and marketing needs to keep dates fresh, from whatnI see. Tim is only human, and only one person. Give him what he needs!
ZeroLengthCurve  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 2:37:41 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

It appears to be correct, though, at this one:

http://www.punchcad.com/c-12-consumer-cad.aspx

Which is partial relief. :-)
ZeroLengthCurve  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 3:15:59 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

ZeroLengthCurve  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 3:42:22 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

The Push-Pull feature is functional in VCP 7, and that vid taught me something I TRULY like: drawing a line across a face and pushing/pulling it to create a new feature of a solid. Even a circle with no face in the middle!

And, someone remind me, how long has push-pull been in VCP? Did it start with 7, or in the middle of 7 and 8? This and the shelling tool will make for a lot of useful prototyping.

So, now I think of new ways to push VCP beyond my obviously limited imagination!

Thanks, Tim and Team!
Sunstarer  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:17:49 AM(UTC)
Sunstarer

Glad you had the energy to push through it Zero. I couldn't agree more. I get spammed to no end with Punch CAD marketing but where's the email saying there's a new version ready for my dollars. Where's the interoffice communication? The coordination? It's as if the company is run by a couple teenagers on dope.

Note full well I associate none of the poor business practices with the software itself. I'm a big fan of Viacad and of Tim Olsen.