logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DARRYL BETTENCOURT  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 3:02:50 PM(UTC)
DARRYL BETTENCOURT

I HAVE USED VIA CAD 2D/3D ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOT THE PRO VERSION HAVE MASTERED PRETTY GOOD SKILLS CREATING SOLID MODELS FOR 3D PRINTING. I COME INTO THIS FROM BEING SOLID WORKS USER FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AND ARE USE TO CREATING AN ASSY USING VARIOUS CREATETED PARTS AND INSERTING THEM INTO AN ASSEMBLY MODEL SO CAN VIA CAD DO THIS? IF SO HOW DO I GET VARIOUS SOLID MODELS INTO AN ASSEMBLY WERE I MATE THEM TOGETHER BUT THEY ARE SEPERATE PARTS COMING FROM OUTSIDE THE NEW ASSEMBLY. TO TRY TO CLARIFY THIS IS HOW SOLID WORKS DOES THIS
1. LETS SAY YOU CREATE 2 SEPARATE PRT. FILES SAY PRT 1, AND PRT 2. NOW YOU OPEN AN ASSEMBLY FILE GIVE IT A NAME.
2. NOW YOU INSERT THE (PRT1, AND PRT2) INTO THE ASSEMBLY FILE AND MATE THEM TOGETHER. NOW YOU HAVE AN ASSEMBLY.
3. CAN VIA CAD 2D/32 VERSION 11 DO SOMETHING SIMILAR TO SOLID WORKS OR DOES IT TAKE A PRO VERSION?

I LIKE WORKING WITH VIA CAD BUT THIS IS NOT VERY CONVENIENT TO DO IT THIS WAY

IF ANYBODY CAN EXPLAIN HOW TO GET SEPARTE PARTS INTO AN ASSY I WOULD APPRICIATE IT. GOOD PART ABOUT SOLID WORKS IS DO A CHANGE TO ANY PART IT AUTOMATICALL CARRIES THOSE CHAGED TO THE PART TO EVERY PLACE PRT FILE IS USED I REALIZE SOLID WORKS IS 10 TIME MORE EXPENSIVE BUT I AM RETIRED
AND WOULDHAVE SOLID WORKS LICENSE NO MORE.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY INPUT THAT YOU MAY OFFER
DARRYL BETTENCOURT
UGMENTALCASE  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 1:15:11 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Yeah this works using FILE, REFERENCE, REFERENCE MANAGER, INSERT.
You then navigate to your part and insert it.
I think this is in non pro versions. There mating buttons don't work in this assembly build so you will need to translate and rotate into place.
To edit prt1 right click it and move down the list to 'edit xref'
Or go back to FILE, REFERENCE, REFERENCE MANAGER, pick it from the list of parts and edit, update etc.
Any changes done to the part need to be saved.
Then in the assembly you can update. This is because it reads the file from the saved location.
thanks 1 user thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
jlm on 7/25/2021(UTC)