logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2022 5:12:42 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
When ehat is in the topic and description fields above happens, the mouse and Ctrl +A CANNOT select visible detritus that should not even exist. It is not user-creates. It's gosted or spuriously reproduced geometry. The only readily apparent way to get rid of it, given its non-selectability, is to select everything else and hide it all (the unselectablensruff defiantly is still present), then crawl through numerous layers, right click the layer name, and hit delete.

However, that having to be done tediously and repeatedly theou nested layers led to my wrist twitching and my finger firing a click on "Undo All".

At that point, the only way to go forawrd and oreserve my locked layers state was to toss out ALL my edits and close without saving.

That was heartbreaking.

rockyroad_us  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2022 6:58:59 PM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
maybe post a file or a picture. also, hard to follow your description until you read the title.
FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
ZeroLengthCurve  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2022 1:32:27 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
[img]http://[/img][img]http://[/img]Sample images. I can't yet show much more as I need to copyright bmy drawing before doing what the US Library of Congress would call "distribution. (I know the USLIBCONG allows some 2 years to file, but, there are also competitive reasons I need to think of — first-mover advantage.)

The Red16-colored geometry is hull stiffening (web and flange). The stiffening runs from the top deck down into the tank top, so, some 10 meters, depending.

The gray-colored lines are outlines of deck plating, but again only slivers, no thickness.

(In the ortho view, you're deeing two different decks.

[[Edit: the remnants are of solid stiffwners and solid decks.]]

But the lines visible here are some spuriously generated stuff. It's accessible for snaps, but not direct selection, by cursor nor by Ctrl + A. Only right-click at the layer can grab it, and then I can delete it.

Notice the outlines of the stiffeners. There are dots like construction line or related. But, I didn't cause that.

It's seeming related to clip planes since the locarions are where the clip planes intersect the geometry.. It may be that selecting and hiding/unhiding intersecting surfaces/solids/curves is causing internal measurements snd then failing to toss what the user did not create.

When this happens, it's in coincidence with SharkCAD (and Shark FX, LT, and IIRC, even VCP 7) to the app lausing, crunching, and eventually releasing control back to me.

I can't yet figure out how to reproducibly force it on-demand to do this, and I don't want to, either, for fear it could trash my file or crash the app. When it happens, the only way to know immediately is if I've already hidden enough geometry that would have obscured it. Otherwise, I end up seeing it later in the course of hiding/unhiding, turning layers on and off, and similar.

Elsewhere in the model, inboard (deeper inside, away from the hull sideshell, other geometry that is interdected by the clip planes exists.

Edited by user Monday, November 14, 2022 1:45:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
20221113_230315.jpg (612kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
20221113_230339.jpg (553kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
20221113_232829.jpg (553kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.