logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ultrahawkeye  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 4:06:09 AM(UTC)
ultrahawkeye

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've been trying some of the new features Mac has come out with. One of them is "Stage Manager" which puts your other active windows in a hidden section off to the side of the screen. But in doing so, regardless of the size of the monitor and whether or not the Viacad window is fully to the side of the screen or not, the tool bars automatically snap away from the side of the screen the distance of the hidden icons.

Anyone else have this issue and/or have a fix for this?

Kevin
jlm  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 6:54:45 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ultrahawkeye Go to Quoted Post
I
Anyone else have this issue and/or have a fix for this?
Kevin

Yes Kevin, I noticed that too...
24c  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 1:02:48 PM(UTC)
24c

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Yes me too Kevin, it got so bad amongst other stuff with Extended Displays bugs I switched it off, even though it's a smarter way of working.
Now I just minimise my open windows into the Dock and use this as it allows some work using SharkCAD.
In fact I find this whole extended display bug a real nuisance, and I'm not sure what the problem is, but I haven't seen any comments from the hierarchy. :)
I don't like the Fusion workflow, but I might have to force myself, or look at Rhino, as this is becoming a proper irritation, along with Undo ops that corrupt the model for no apparent reason when you least expect it.

Mike
macOS 14.3.1 (Sonoma) - MacBook M1 Max 64GB 2TB SSD & external display - SharkCAD Pro v14.1.0 build 1652
magicart  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2023 12:14:34 AM(UTC)
magicart

Man
Poland

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ultrahawkeye Go to Quoted Post
I've been trying some of the new features Mac has come out with. One of them is "Stage Manager" which puts your other active windows in a hidden section off to the side of the screen. But in doing so, regardless of the size of the monitor and whether or not the Viacad window is fully to the side of the screen or not, the tool bars automatically snap away from the side of the screen the distance of the hidden icons.

Hello,
Im still wandering why apple add this feature "stage manager" if all this goals you can reach using "desktops" instead of this controversial feature. I must say that I switch this feature off after 15 minutes (I usually have 10-12 windows opened so intentionally this feature was for me) because it was very irritating to have this manager appearing after moving the cursor left. Instead of this I have 3-4 desktops and have reorganized all my windows in the same way. The shortcut is control + arrow and You have another stage without moving cursor. Maybe it is the only solution - switch off stage manager feature and start using desktops :-).

Magicart