logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grumpygeek  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2024 11:34:22 AM(UTC)
grumpygeek

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all,

I am an infrequent visitor here, only dropping in occasionally to see what issues people are having and checking for updates. I noticed a few mentions of build 1653, is this V14 and PC and MAC?

I am not having any issue in my current workflow, I mainly use the solid modeling tools for designing 3d printed parts/machines and the only time I run into issues is trying to use powerpack to convert an stl to a solid and even then it is much better than it use to be. The other issue I use to hit a lot is crashing while compacting, this has not happened to me in V14 Pro so thanks for that :)

Looking at the comparison matrix, it looks like I could get away with just ViaCad 2d/3d now, I think I originally upgraded to pro for some of the advanced boolean operations and maybe some import/export options I no longer need. Not really looking to downgrade, but maybe to look at the non-pro version to see if I would recommend it to 3d print hobbyist.

There are some other tools out there that look promising, and it is hard to walk away from what you know but I am always on the look out for something that runs on Linux that is usable. I might end up with a MAC since I use one for work but I don't see another Windows machine in my future, too many strings attached.

Sorry for the rambling post, I don't get out much anymore... work from home and pair programing with AI Bots now :)

-GrumpyGeek
memphisjed  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 6:15:30 AM(UTC)
memphisjed

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
stay with pro, the price difference with upgrade option is not worth the savings.
damhave  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 9:54:37 AM(UTC)
damhave

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 25 post(s)
1654 is the latest V14 version (for both PC and Mac) and can be downloaded here. Although it is a WIP/beta release, in my opinion, all the available releases appear to be in a 'beta' state. I have decided to stay on 1653...

http://masterviacad.com/beta/beta.php

BR Danny

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2024 1:59:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added PC and mac and V14

BR
Danny

Windows 10 Pro,
SharkCAD v14 Pro (1653),
XPS 15,9980HK
Sonoma 14.3,
SharkCAD v14 Pro (1653),
MacBook Pro 14 2023,M3
thanks 2 users thanked damhave for this useful post.
GARLIC on 8/28/2024(UTC), grumpygeek on 9/3/2024(UTC)