logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:58:58 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Today is a time when I'm xref'ng maybe 40 objects (mostly simple geometry, but some running between 40 objects to 98 each), and repeatedly going via the menu to add objects is tiring. Three nights ago, I became drained and had to postpone the task. Today, I had the energy, and sustained the repetition, until an "update all" curiosity led to summary execution of the process. Fortunately, only two xrefs didn't survive, despite 20 minutes earlier being my last save. I'm beginning to like XREF, but I'm also having to deal with its limitation, at least in Slt 8. I cannot explore Slt 9 until I can clear a few GB off of my machine, and that will be some time yet to come.

What I wish for is that "Click right button to use keep in place" were revamped to present a worksheet so that the user can preselect multiple items, click down the sheet to indicate "keep in place", and then present "do it" to the user.

I could then preselect the 40+ items, let Slt iterate through them, and save myself the 10-40 seconds per xref.

I'd be happy even if the preselection list limited the xreffed objects to a given pers-instance size, just to head of the risk of file crash in the event an errant or questionable object somehow got on the list.

It also would be nice if the XREF object brought in its underlying layer info.

Also, it would be nice if the importation/xref preselection sheet allowed customization of the insertion layer/branch/tree in the worksheet like view.

Just a wish, dream.