logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
djm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:14:53 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
It would be a real time saver to have the ability to paste lines copied in one view into another view but without them changing orientation in the process, ie' so that once pasted, they appear the same rather than being rotated into practical invisiblity (in reality, showing up as a single line comprised of all those lines on one plane seen on edge).

I routinely copy lines drawn in one file/view where they were perhaps in the TOP view into another file/view where I need them in say the LEFT view. I envision this option to be a right click menu, 'paste into view' perhaps?
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 9:21:08 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Try splitting the VCP/Shark window to 2, 3, or 4 panes. Past the geometry (probably shouldn't matter were if the source and target files share common coordinates) as desired. I think that works. I think I did it in other sessions a couple of years ago. Only reason I stopped was that the zoom levels i needed didn't leave much space on my laptop's 17" diagonal screen. But, now that I have an external screen of 21+ inches, it is better in that I can move tool pallets to the laptop display and draw on the external LCD.
djm  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 10:56:43 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
That's very good suggestion and will assure one can see the result of the paste command. It still leaves the issue of correcting orientation though, which 'paste in view' would take care of in one fell swoop. I have assigned 'A', 'S', 'D', and 'F' (traditionally under the left hand on a QWERTY keyboard) to Left, Right, Top, and Front views and have never needed the multiple layout view since view changes are a millisecond away and leave me with the full available working space. As I'm thinking of it, I'm going to assign a keyboard shortcut to switch to multiple viewports and back as this should make it more efficient getting 2D elements in the proper orientation.
ZeroLengthCurve  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 4:41:39 PM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Why, thank you!